Founded in 1904
The purposes of the Society are to:
- Promote and maintain interest in the history of Tioga County.
- Make historical records available to the general public.
- Collect, record, maintain and preserve materials relating to the history of Tioga County.
- Maintain a research library and museum (or museums).
- Maintain a library of genealogical and family information and assist in genealogical research.
- Promote the serving and marking of significant historical sights in Tioga County.
- Conduct tours and maintain programs for school groups and the general public, and to further historical education of the general public.
- Promote historical publications relating to Tioga County.